Please click here to sign Ari’s guestbook and if you knew him, share a memory.

December 17, 2009

What People Said on Message Board

 

by JMuller » Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:50 am

Sorry for your loss.  Never easy losing a good dog. Josh
_______________________________________


by maberi » Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:56 am

I'm so sorry for your loss
It sounds like Ari was a special dog
___________________________________

by kendell » Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:57 am
I'm so sorry, Laurel. I'm sure Ari will be greatly missed

___________________________________


by Christie M » Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:00 am

Hey Laurel, I know that loosing Ari was so very difficult. At least you have the comfort of knowing that he was ready yesterday, and he could rely on you to keep him with you as long as he needed. He was such a cool dog! As I have already said to you a hundred times, you were so lucky to have him. However he was even more lucky to have found himself in your home. Few would have gone the lengths that you did to keep him comfortable and happy. Know that you are in my thoughts and I love ya bunches!!!!
___________________________________

by Katrina K♥ » Sat Dec 19, 2009 3:20 pm

Laurel I am so sorry. I saw the title of this thread, and my heart sank. I knew what it was...and I was so wishing this day wouldn't come.  Ari was such a great dog...I know how much you loved him....and do love him! He will be missed by many! Love you!
___________________________________

by Pit♥Bull » Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:44 pm

R.I.P. Ari
Image
__________________________________________

by Cathy M » Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:32 pm

Laurel,  So sorry for your loss. No words can make it easier, but you and Ari will both be in our prayers.
________________________________

by Don Tapp » Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:53 pm

Hi Laurel, We are saddened to hear this news. You and Ari made a nice team. Hang in there... Rest easy Ari
______________________________________

by Greg Williams » Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:32 pm

I am truly sorry for your loss. Ari was a good dog and I am privileged to have been able to train with you and Ari. He will be missed.
______________________________________
 


Post
by laurelstone » Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:30 pm

Thank you all for your kind words and thoughts... It was a weekend of ups and downs and Ari is now in his resting place on a hill behind my house. 
I have him to thank for getting me into this crazy sport called PSA. I remember helping Paula at a decoy seminar and telling Joe.. I have a dog that can do this.. I went home to get him and yes.. he could do it. I didn't even know what PSA was.

He loved his decoys, especially you Greg. I remember him sitting on the couch next to you when you were doing a seminar in WI and I have a picture of him pretty much sitting on your lap after a bite work session in Baltimore. I also remember (as a number of people do) how he blew me off in his first trial in Baltimore in 2005 in the PDC and then Greg you agreed to trial him minutes later for a PSA 1 and scored in the high 80s 2 days in a row and almost titling him that day. As you walked onto the field, your words were "what are his commands"? Here's the video of the courage test from that day. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kItw8Tyso3o ...and here is the obedience.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELbMhCyoJ4o

It was then I knew he could DO the work... now he had to learn to do it for me. When we returned to Baltimore a year later, I believe he surprised some people by not only titling but scoring very well. During the trial I remember hoping Don wouldn't say "are you ready" so darn loud because those words to Ari meant "where's the guy to bite". Here's the clip of the end of the handler attack and the courage test from that day.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2O0-HlbIpE from that trial.
And Jerry... if you're reading this... I'm SURE he was going after the purple MN Vikings shirt and not really you, the judge, when he headed to you instead of the decoy for the call off in the MN trial. Here's the clip of that (better turn the volume down.. I'm yelling NO pretty loud) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlMoZOwTvYQ

It definitely was a RIDE of ups and downs, days of being humbled and days of being proud... but that IS dog training and competing, isn't it. Ari has passed the torch to Brita and I think has secretly taught her how to be a whining, on the edge of being out of control, GSD.... but one that loves to do the work! I'm looking forward to meeting new people and to getting back on the trial field in 2010.
Thank you all!

Laurel
Brita (06–present)CGC,TherapyDog, HIC,HT,RN,RA,BH,AD,RH,RE,T1,WH,TR1
Ari (99–09)CGC,Therapy Dog,BH,TR1,PSA-TC,PSA-PDC,PSA1,RN 
Olivia (99–present)CGC,Therapy Dog,BH,HIC,UCDX,CDX.RN,PSA TC
Kobie (01–present)CGC,Therapy Dog,BH,CD,UCD,HIC,RN 
Teddy (99–09)CGC,Therapy Dog,BH,CD,UCD,RN

 

DSC_9245a DSC_9247a DSC_9248 DSC_9251a

Related Posts with Thumbnails