Please click here to sign Ari’s guestbook and if you knew him, share a memory.

December 16, 2009

He’s not going in the right direction… <big sigh>

So I bought Ari a soft fleece coat to wear.  Actually a miniature horse blanket from a horse catalog.  All their coats are made like horse blankets and there have been times when I was really glad I had them.  This new one is much softer since he wears it almost all the time otherwise his body feels cold. The others were for outside and were either quilted or waterproof.

Here are Tori and Ari…  modeling the coats did NOT make them happy campers!!  As you notice… Ari has his pitiful look on…

100_4650a 100_4644a 100_4649

I added to the list tonight….

  1. He wobbles when he gets up and walks and he paces instead of trotting. 12/16-it’s gotten worse since I wrote this last week.  Sometimes he almost topples over.
  2. His tail curls under his butt when he sits.  This happened before when he did not have the use of his rear end.  12/16
  3. He seems always cold – his feet especially.  I put a coat on him even when inside.  One day he came inside with ice crystals on his feet.  This was before the big snow and deep freeze.   And his feet are, as usual, enlarged at times.
  4. He is afraid of noises (mouse trap).  He will hang out be me or if I get up he will hide in the bathroom.  12/16-sticks pretty close to me when I’m home.
  5. He gets disorientated.  He will go out through the basement and then either I have to come and get him or he waits in basement and when I call him, he comes up.  It’s like he can’t figure out that going around the corner will bring him to the stairs.
  6. He drinks lots of water and will urinate in the house – not in front of me but overnight if he’s not sleeping in the room with me.  Otherwise he gets me up in the middle of the night to go out which he never did before. 12/16-because I don’t want him going in the house (of course) he stays in the bedroom with me so I’m up a few times a night. (I’m exhausted) I’m trying really limiting his water intake in the evening.
  7. He no longer gets up on the couch which says to me his legs are weaker.  When you look at the them the skeleton look is returning from lack of use. 
Related Posts with Thumbnails