Please click here to sign Ari’s guestbook and if you knew him, share a memory.

December 17, 2009

The Circle

December 19, 2009 ~ The Circle from Michelle Goodrum's website: Gone to the Dogs

Sometimes you have to do things that breaks your heart. I remember when I lost my old dog Bear. Slowly watching him deteriorate over the last six months of his life was the hardest thing I have ever done in my life. I woke up one morning to take him out and before we got to the door he just started to urinate and didn't even realise it. When I got to the door and it puddled around his feet he looked down and then up at me with the most miserable look on his face that I had ever seen. I knew then he was done. No matter how hard it was for me, I couldn't let him continue to live that way. Lifting him into the truck to drive him to the vets office knowing how much he hated going there, yet knowing it was for the best. A mix breed dog that brought a lot of silliness and happiness to my life, I had him for 13 1/2 years. We had our good times and our bad times, just like any relationship. I remember the things he used to do that made me laugh and the things that made me want to pull my hair out! I also remember going to pick out my new puppy. Watching all the puppies run around doing puppy things. One in particular caught my eye. He was looking for a place to go potty and backed up to the fence and tried to poop through the fence. I knew then, that's the one. Bear hated having poop anywhere he could step in it. He would back up to fences, tree stumps, whatever he could to keep it out of the yard. We brought Chief home and he wandered around the house and ended up in my bedroom. When he found the spot that Bear used to sleep, he curled up, closed his eyes, and let out a big sigh. He seemed to be saying, "I'm home." When we registered him we added the initials LB at the end of his name. It stands for "Little Bear" our tribute to the dog that brought so much to my life.

Yesterday, a friend of mine lost one of her dogs.It's extremely heartbreaking when these magnificant animals have to say good-bye. Today, another friend had a litter of four males. 
The circle of life continues.

R.I.P Arsenal vom Keashaborn (Ari)
CGC, Therapy Dog, BH, TR1, RN, PSA-TC, PSA-PDC, PSA-1 Novice l 
http://arigsdjournal.blogspot.com

 

You're on our minds and in our hearts.
Love Renee & Herb

Related Posts with Thumbnails