Please click here to sign Ari’s guestbook and if you knew him, share a memory.

December 17, 2009

What People Said on Critters.com

Ari has a memorial site at http://ari-man.critters.com/.  These are guest book entries.

12-26-2009 9:03 PM -- By: Jason Gillis,  From: Appleton  
Ari was so great.  He was also so happy to see me whenever I came over, and just loved being scratched, as well as playing tug in the yard.  When I first met him he was on his original donwslide as far as health goes, but he was strong-willed and was glad to just be able to get around a little bit and be around Laurel and the girls.  Then all of a sudden he got quite a bit better, and I was able to see some of the athlete that he once was.  He was so happy to be able to run around the yard with the girls again and do a little bitework on training weekends.  Those are my last memories of Ari, and although I wish I could have said goodbye, I'm glad I'll always remember him as that strong, tough-willed dog that defied his body for a short time and showed everyone what spirit is all about.  I'll miss him terribly, especially whenever I go over to Laurel's house and he's no longer at the door to emphatically greet me as I walk in.  He is the definition of spirit, and an inspiration to everybody that knew him.

12-24-2009 9:54 AM -- By: Eric Lund,  From: Green Bay  
I remember when I was in my basement in the whelping room, I had built for my beautiful Keasha and her first litter.  Ari came out the biggest, strongest, boldest, little monster.  He was my favorite and hard to give up.  Laurel and I were schutzhund training together and I had my hands full with Keasha and Jenny.  I couldn't have found a better home for him.  I am so thankful for Laurel.  I always knew that Ari was loved and lived a life that anyone would want.  Keasha, his mother, is getting older and I can tell her time is coming and I dread the day.  She is lying at my feet.  Ari reminded me so much of her.  Thanks Laurel for loving him and taking such good care of him.

12-22-2009 11:06 PM -- By: Mark Plonsky,  From: stevens point, wi  
Ari, You had a hard bite and a big heart. You made your person a good companion.  You are in my memories.

12-22-2009 2:10 PM -- By: Nancy Nestler,  From: Cedar Grove  
Laurel,  I am so sorry to hear about Ari. The photos of him are amazing, showing the beauty he brought to this world. I love that you brought him out for a last bite, giving him the opportunity to strut his stuff one last time on this earth. No matter how much we love our dogs, they always give more than they take and I know your Ari was that kind of dog. I am so sorry for the difficult year you've had and the sadness, but I hope the joy these wonderful dogs have given you through the years will ease your heartache. All dogs lovers cry when a friend loses their dog, not for the dog who's gone on to a happy place but for the friend who"s left behind.

12-21-2009 7:56 PM -- By: LINDA MARX,  From: APPLETON  
LAUREL I'M SO SORRY FOR YOUR LOSS. I CRIED AND MY THOUGHTS AND HUGS ARE WITH YOU.I DIDN'T REALIZE HE WAS SO BAD AGAIN AND YOU WERE THERE FOR ME WHEN MY LITTLE SADIE WAS SO SICK AND NOT SURE IF SHE HAD CANCER BUT ALL CAME OUT WELL. WE WILL ALL HAVE A GREAT TIME UPSTAIRS WHEN WE ALL MEET EACH OTHER AGAIN. THE JOY WILL BE HEAVENLY' LOVE AND HUGS LINDA

12-20-2009 11:43 PM -- By: Kim ,  From: Appleton, WI  
Laurel,  I'm so sorry to hear about your loss of Ari. I'm honored to have had the opportunity to watch him work & play with you in your amazing yard.

12-20-2009 4:09 PM -- By: Brittany Voigt,  From: Neenah, WI  
I'm so sorry to hear of your loss, Laurel.  Ari will truly be missed.  I will miss hearing all the new stories about him, he was a great companion!

12-20-2009 2:24 PM -- By: Janeen,  From: Red Wing, MN  
I'm so sorry to hear that Ari has passed on.  I still see him as a beautiful, spirited, young dog.   I remember many wonderful days training with Laurel and Ari (and many others) at Winnegamie and out at Laurel's place.  Laurel and Ari also spent a weekend at our place here in Red Wing a couple of years ago - he was a wonderful guest - a perfect gentleman.  He will be much missed...

12-20-2009 7:38 AM -- By: Judy Boguski,  From: Green Bay, WI  
Goodbye, Ari, for now,. I did not know you personally but I know your mom, Laurel.  I think soon that my Mopar will be joining you,  so please watch for him. What a wonderful  tribute your mom has written  for you.  I can;t see the keys for my tears.  "For one brief  shining moment there was once a Camelot"!!!!!!!

12-20-2009 6:37 AM -- By: Diane,  From: Sarasota FL  
Although I did not meet Ari in person I know how special he was and that his tremendous spirit lives on in the love he shared. 

12-19-2009 10:06 PM -- By: Lisa Hansen,  From: Kaukauna, WI  
As Ari's former groomer, I can remember how hard he struggled to get me soaked every time I bathed him!  He was a fiesty little puppy when I first groomed him and very full of his little self!  I was impressed with all of his antics and KNEW he would grow up to be a GREAT working dog.  He didn't dissapoint!  It was a pleasure to have known Ari.  I will miss him.  RIP. 

12-19-2009 11:35 AM -- By: Carolyn Burkhardt,  From: Mountain, WI  
Ari,  I didn't know you, but I know the love between a dog & it's master.  Travel well...Laurel will never forget you.

12-19-2009 6:45 AM -- By: Angie FInk,  From: Campbellsport  
Even though Ari didn't get to come out much to training, when he did he had a good time , he looked good and he was happy to be here, he will be missed,

12-19-2009 12:18 PM -- By: Wayne Stephens,  From: Oregon IL  
I didnt have the opportunity to get to know Ari as well as I would of liked to, but the day you brought him out on the field for a bite, he came across the field at me I saw his face light up and that sparkle in his eyes where two strangers became the best of friends. Ari I will never forget you R.I.P.   From one of the decoys that had the honor of working with you.

12-19-2009 11:52 AM -- By: Michelle,  From: Oregon IL  
The look of pride on his face when you took him out at SteinigTal and sent him across the field to bite Wayne. After he got the sleeve and came back to you it seemed he was saying "Look Mom! I got it!"

 

2009.10.11 Wayne at Angies (38)  2009.10.11 Wayne at Angies (40) 2009.10.11 Wayne at Angies (39)

Related Posts with Thumbnails