Please click here to sign Ari’s guestbook and if you knew him, share a memory.

December 17, 2009

What People Said in Emails

I think when someone’s pet dies we all can relate and memories return of a special friend that we may have lost.  The sheer number of email messages, posts on Facebook and a message board and phone calls have humbled me.   Thank you all for your compassion and caring at this special time of the year.  ~~~ Laurel

 

I'm so sorry that you are sad. You were great together and were lucky to have each other. The blog and posts are very nice and I hope that they give you comfort.
Peace to you, Laurel.  Love, KP

I am so sorry for your loss. Your poem from Ari says it all. You and he overcame all kinds of obstacles to become that best team possible. He was an awesome dog and you two had a wonderful bond. Your memories will allow Ari to live on in your heart forever. Hugs,  DM

Well I was going to say that I was very sorry to hear that but instead I'll just say that I'm sure that the emptiness for 'you' is overwhelming right now but the freedom that Ari is feeling should make you feel so good.  He's running jumping, chasing and most of all waiting for you!  You loved him and respected him but most of all you cared for him and you should feel very proud of yourself for that.  MW

I'm so sorry to hear about Ari. He was a great dog and you had so many wonderful times together. I know he will always live in your heart. Your blog is a beautiful tribute to his life.  MM

I am so sorry to hear that.  A big, huge hug, from me to you. RH

Thank you for letting me know.  You have my sympathy. I was glad you were able to focus on the good memories you had with Ari thiz past summer when we visited. Please let me know if I can help with anything .... Do you need help with the burial? JD

I'm so very sorry to hear this...((((HUGS))))  I hope you're doing ok. Luv,   JT

Hi Laurel,  Words can't begin to tell you moved I was by Ari's journal.  The poem you wrote for him was amazing....just how you got through that, I'll never know.  His slideshow was genius.  Some of his pictures could be published in a photo magazine they're so good.  Very VERY nice tribute to a wonderful dog!  I know how much you loved this guy.  Even though it's been coming for a while, the pain must be horrible.  I believe that you and he will always be together.  Of all of your dogs, and I've known quite a few, you and he were the pair I will always remember.  You had so much fun together!  He was an extraordinary guy from his powerful drive and amazing bite, to his very good looks.  He was a dog that stood out.  I am so sorry for this loss, Laurel.  My heart goes out to you, my friend.     Love, LH

Sorry 2 hear that, I was hoping 4 u that he made it threw x-mass....but u said he might not take care  LK

Oh Laurel… I’m so sorry.  There is nothing I can say, but know that I understand your relationship with your dogs.  I feel the same about mine.   Ari’s blog is beautiful.  I cried reading your comments & Marilyn’s excerpts.   I’m thinking of you.  CB

Oh Laurel, I am so sorry! RIP Ari, I know you had one heck of a life with Laurel. You 2 will see each other again, may your memories of him bring a smile to your face and a tear to your eye.  TM

Laurel.... thanks for letting me work Ari.  I considered it an honor.  Just from that I could see fire in his eyes!  TW

I am so very sorry. Losing someone we love and part of our family is never easy. I am grateful his last several months were good ones from what you were saying and what I saw last fall. He will live in your heart forever.  AF

Laurel, I am sorry for your lose...I know that dogs become as much family as your children. I hope you still have a great holiday season.  TM

I am so sorry for your loss.  I want you to know that I think you are an amazing lady, and Ari is amazing, as well.   MK

Hi Laurel, I'm truly sorry to hear about your loss.  If you need anything don't hesitate to call.  H

I am so very sorry to hear that Ari has left you.  There is no greater loss than to lose a best friend.  You were an wonderful mom to him and he certainly had a great life with you.  I know that doesn't help the void you must be feeling but please know in your heart that Ari's spirit will always be with you.  This I believe with all of my heart.  I'm sorry we've lost touch.  Please keep me posted when you can and I will too.  May Ari's sweet soul be greeted by all of the GSD's and other furkids gone before him to show him the ropes in heaven.  Now he is young and free again.  My heart goes out to you laurel.  Please know that I'll be thinking of you.  AT

I'm so sorry honey. God he was so lucky to have you to watch over him.  He was such a lucky dog. And you a lucky lady to have had him  CM

Even though Ari didn't get to come out much to training, when he did he had a good time , he looked good and he was happy to be here, he will be missed.  AF

I'm sorry to hear about losing your dog. It must be hard to part with such a faithful companion.  JL

Ari is a dog i will never forget. the look on his face that day touched me in a special way and i felt honored to know him.  It is very heartbreaking and can only say I'm very sorry to hear that such a great dog is gone. I will never forget the look on his face when he came across the field towards me. Two strangers that have never met before looked at each other like they were best friends.   I'm sure all the decoys that worked with him will never forget the heart he had he is truly a special dog and i know how special he is to you. you are very lucky:)  WS

I visited (the site) and I shed tears...your world is amazing and your words are incredible...when you write that book I'll be sure to buy a copy...The love you show and share...I wish you could bottle it and bestow it on those who haven't understood and will never understand what feelings are...and how human and canine love can be so strong.  As you know we have seven kitties...the oldest being 12...I will be there for R especially when we will have to say farewell...one at a time... Miss you Laurel... Love you too.  HW

Words escape me, tears running down  my face. I know the deep sadness you are feeling. I admire your deep love and faith with your "pet family".  Your words about Ari are beyond something I could even begin to put into words.     RIP, Ari.  He will wait for you, Laurel, at Rainbow Bridge.  JB

Our deepest sympathies to you and the other furry kids. Ari was indeed an amazing dog and you gave him an amazing life. I love your poem. He really is your guide now. He will be missed but he is still here with you.  Hugs to you.   Love,  The F

I am so sorry to hear about Ari.  I know that it is always heart wrenching, you have my condolences.  I know that my time is coming with Sophie (she will be twelve in April) so far she is fine but at that age you never know.  She was the one that started me in dogs--who knew that a little wayward Shepherd puppy would change my life so significantly.  It has been a wonderful journey.  JC

What a lovely tribute!  My condolences. CP

Thanks for sharing with me. A great loss for you but also a long term great relationship. My prayer for you.  JR

Sorry to hear about Ari.  I checked out his website....very nice.  Hope the rest of the holiday has a more positive note.  Love JA

Our deepest sympathy on aries passing. BE

Another epoch marked.....how the bookstop the times of our lives. Maryna Ozuna

Laurel I'm so sorry to hear about Ari.   KM

I'm sorry to hear about Ari.     MJ

Laurel,    I'm so incredibly sorry to hear/read about Ari. I know he has struggled the last few years on and off... I'm glad he won't be hurting anymore, but so sorry for you.   Your page, song, poem, blogs, are so beautiful... I'm crying so hard trying to write to you.  I hope you are doing ok. As well as can be expected at least.  Love,  ~KP

Hi Laurel,  I'm sorry to hear about Ari. I'm sure it's hard loosing a friend and companion. I hope you're doing well. take care,  LA

Ari was awesome! A "teacher" to me and you gave him a great life. Ari was certainly a memorable dog in all rights! Remember at Judi Miller's years ago when I had the banana suit, Ari got me good, twice that bastard! Ahhh the memories.  Big hug from me...  BC

Ari was a great dog and you both had a very special bond.  I am sorry for your loss.  BC

Hi Laurel   Sorry to hear about Ari.  I am very happy to know that he had a great life with you.  There are no other words to say:-(    AL

Ohhhhh Laurel....I am so sorry hon. You know my heart goes out to you, as I can feel your pain. I went to his site ...and as I was trying to read out loud to Mother what you wrote as if it were Ari... I just could not read  out loud...they tears were flowing to hard.  That was beautiful and exactly what he would have written if he could. I love you girl... Always,   CA

laurel i am heart broken for you and when i see you i just want to hold and hug you and hang on to you because you know so well how it feels to lose a beloved pet. there are no words to describe it. i dread that time when our older puppy kids go. but i know too well from the past in losing our dogs 1 how it hurts. love and hugs again lm

LAUREL THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE LOVING NOTE. I HOPE I CAN BE AS STRONG AS YOU SOMEDAY. YOU AND YOUR DOG CHILDREN HAVE A BLESSED XMAS AND KNOW THAT ARI AND TEDDY ARE THERE WITH YOU CELEBRATING YOUR LIVES HERE ON THIS EARTH TO CARRY ON THE LIFE WE LIVE. YOU HAVE TAUGHT ME LOTS ABOUT HUMANS TOO. LOVE AND HUGS LM

I am so sorry to heat about Ari. He was a one of a kind dog with a huge heart! His website is beautiful, I cried my eyes out listening to the music and looking at all his pictures but laughed with sweet remembrance when I saw the PSA call-off video. We all laughed so hard at his "redirect" off Jerry.  I felt compelled to go hug and kiss my guy and tell him how much joy he brings to my life and I told him about Ari. My thoughts are with you during this difficult time.  PL

 

DSC02452a-2

 

 

Related Posts with Thumbnails