Please click here to sign Ari’s guestbook and if you knew him, share a memory.

December 18, 2009

The Spirit Of A Dog


I was standing on a hillside in a field of blowing wheat,

And the spirit of a dog was lying at my feet.

He looked at me with kind dark eyes, ancient wisdom shining through.

In the essence of his being, I saw the love there too.

 

His mind did lock upon my heart as I stood there on that day,

And he told me of this story about a place so far away.
As I stood upon that hillside in a field of blowing wheat,

In a twinkling of a second his spirit left my feet.

His tale did put my heart at ease, all my fears did fade away

About what lay ahead of me on another distant day.

"I live among God's creatures now in the heavens of your mind,
So do not grieve for me, my friend as I am with my kind.

 

My collar is a rainbow's hue, my leash is a shooting star.
My boundaries are the Milky Way where I sparkle from afar.

There are no pens or kennels here for I am not confined,

But I'm free to roam God's heaven among the Doggie kind.

 

I nap the day on a snowy cloud gentle breezes rocking me,
And dream the dreams of earthlings, and how it used to be.

For we're all winners in this place; we have no faults, you see.
And god passes out those ribbons to each one, even me.

 

I drink from waters laced with gold, my world a beauty to behold;
And wise old dogs do form my pride to amble at my very side.

At night I sleep in angel's arms, her wings protecting me,

And moonbeams dance about us as stardust falls on thee.

So when your life on earth is spent and you stand at Heaven's gate,
Have no fear of loneliness-- for here, you know, I wait".


~ author unknown

IMG_5363

 

 

 

 

Ari  1999-2009

Related Posts with Thumbnails