Please click here to sign Ari’s guestbook and if you knew him, share a memory.

December 13, 2009

About the same...

Well…  there are other things I’m noticing and remembering from before.  He no longer gets up on the couch which says to me his legs are weaker.  That will be #7 on the list.  He’s really sticking close by me and when he’s sleeping he really shakes.  I hesitate to say it’s a seizure because it could be dreaming. 

He’s such a sweet guy…  These photos of Ari and Brita were taken a year ago.  December 23, 2008…  What fun they had! 
image64   image128 image83 image151image189 image97
  1. He wobbles when he gets up and walks and he paces instead of trotting.
  2. His tail curls under his butt when he sits.  This happened before when he did not have the use of his rear end.
  3. He seems always cold – his feet especially.  I put a coat on him even when inside.  One day he came inside with ice crystals on his feet.  This was before the big snow and deep freeze.   And his feet are as usual enlarged.
  4. He is afraid of noises (mouse trap).  He will hang out be me or if I get up he will hide in the bathroom.  
  5. He gets disorientated.  He will go out through the basement and then either I have to come and get him or he waits in basement and when I call him, he comes up.  It’s like he can’t figure out that going around the corner will bring him to the stairs.
  6. He drinks lots of water and will urinate in the house – not in front of me but overnight if he’s not sleeping in the room with me.  Otherwise he gets me up in the middle of the night to go out which he never did before.
  7. He no longer gets up on the couch which says to me his legs are weaker.  When you look at the them the skeleton look is returning from lack of use. 
Related Posts with Thumbnails