Please click here to sign Ari’s guestbook and if you knew him, share a memory.

July 21, 2009

Not Too Much Pain

There hasn’t been much improvement in the last 2 days but I don’t think he has gone downhill either. He really struggles to get up and sometimes I think he feels it’s just not worth the effort. When I was getting the food ready, he did not come and I had to go to get him and encourage him to get up and come and eat. It’s the getting up and down that seem to be the problem. Outside today he hobbled around, barked at cars on the road, got between the girls and barked at them but did not go for the walk with me tonight around the yard. He told Marilyn:

  • His hips look like girls hips now;
  • Minor tremors occur when he is outside at times and he tries to hide it from me;
  • He likes to lay in the sand because it feels good;
  • He doesn’t have pain that he can’t handle right now and is taking one day at a time;
  • It takes all of his concentration to get his leg muscles to work together to move now; and
  • Sometimes his toes hurt on his rear legs.
Related Posts with Thumbnails