Please click here to sign Ari’s guestbook and if you knew him, share a memory.

July 22, 2009

He Needed Help to Go Outside

Yesterday something happened and he was not able to walk last night and his feet are really swollen. I had to take him out with a scarf around his stomach to lift the weight off his back legs. All day he barely moved but was alert to what was going on. I took him outside and parked him not too far from the fence where the girls run and he seemed to like that and would bark at them.

Talking with Marilyn he said he only has a little pain – can’t get comfortable – just really tired. He feels like his body was twisted like a rag. Nothing major or out of the ordinary happened yesterday. He doesn’t know if he had a seizure and she showed him what a seizure looks like and he said he has those all the time now and often it’s internal so that I if he lies down. He’s not in real pain but he feels like his insides are coming out of him – literally that’s not happening but he feels horrible. He used to think when he couldn’t get up anymore that would be it but now lying around is not so bad and he’s ok with it. Can’t get up now means he can’t lift his head and that’s how he’ll tell me it’s time. He likes that he’s spending more time with me and has to rely on me more and I’m his full focus now. He feels closer to me.

Related Posts with Thumbnails